Sunday 27 May 2007

Picture update

I mentioned in my last post that just can't help casting on more projects, and I've done it again tonight. I think I have sock fatigue, and although I have loads of socks I need o do, I just can't seem to bring myself to do any more. saying that i have 2 second socks that I am determined to finish this week, leaving me free to concentrate on my other project for June. I've decided that sock pal socks will simply have to wait until July.
So here are some pics of what I've been up to;
These are the finished tea and coffee dyed socks, I finished last week for my brother in law's birthday.




This is the secret project I have been working on. Almost finished now (thank goodness, i don't think i could have looked at it for much longer!)
This is the Camouflage yarn that I have been spinning for a pair of socks for hubby. Navajo plied, I'm thrilled with it, but it still has to be over dyed with brown before I can start knitting, and it doesn't seem to want to dye!


A finished sock. My first done from the toe up. The yarn was a present from babylonglegs, and has a beautiful shine to it that reminds me of rainbows in oil! You can also see my attempt at a short row heel using the yarn over method that was in the summer 07 IK. I'm not very happy with it, not least because I managed to make a sock with a teat. Hopefully the second sock will be an improvement.

My most recent spinning. The colours are lovely and tweedy, and I think I will Navajo ply it, and knit a shawl with it. but i might change my mind once it's done.


This is the start I have made on the summer tunic from the latest IK. Only started tonight so hopefully it will knit up quickly.



This is Luvtröja Måns from summer 07 IK too. I have ordered the yarn to knit this for hubby. Hopefully I will have it finished by autumn.





So as you can see I have been quite busy, and lots left to do! I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

The tea and coffee socks have turned out wonderful haven't they? And all your other projects look like fun. I know exactly what you mean about casting on more projects all the time. I am exactly the same!

2 June 2007 at 18:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home