Monday 14 May 2007

New addition to the family

Meet the latest addition to my family. Her name is Bazurka the Mazurka, and she is simply beautiful! I took a trip to Wingham Wool Works on Sunday with Babylonglegs to buy her, and I can't recommend them highly enough, not only are they based in the most beautiful sleepy village, but the staff were really helpful, and they had a selection of fibres to die for!
There is a room full of wheels which they were happy for me to try out, and three barns full of fiber, in over 120 colors! This is the range I bought, although you can't really see all of the colours, there are 2 lots of natural BFL, and 1.5KG of various merinos.





This is the one I chose for my sock pal, who is lucky enough to be getting socks made from the first ever batch of yarn spun on my wheel. I haven't decided what pattern to do yet, but I'm sure once I have balled the yarn (yup I've spun 4oz already) It will come to me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Congrats on the spinning wheel!

14 May 2007 at 10:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! I´m deeply impressed...your sockpal get´s handspun socks?!... Now I´m really ashamed of the storebought yarn for your socks :-/ The wheel looks wonderful!

14 May 2007 at 16:17  
Blogger Alice Yu said...

oh you are lucky!! looks beautiful. your sockpal is so so lucky!

I just tagged you on my blog - hope that is okay!

Alice

15 May 2007 at 07:21  
Blogger Unknown said...

Purdy! It looks awesome!

I just realised that you've got Yes Prime Minister and Battlestar Galactica on your wish lists. Neil might have these that he can copy for you. I will ask him!

15 May 2007 at 08:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home