Tuesday 8 May 2007

Update on my weekend

First the camping

Camping was great, apart from getting lost and getting to the campsite in the dark, and so having to set the tent up in the dark, it was fab. We had a lovely time, but unfortunately forgot to take any picks. We were up near Matlock Bath, which is a beautiful little resort (very popular with bikers) in the middle of the Peak district. For anyone who hasn't been it is well worth the trip, and if you like walking (this goes out to my sockapalooza pal) I can't recommend it highly enough!

Then Sockapalooza

I am having such a time trying to figure out what pattern and yarn to use for my pal's socks!!!! There are so many possibilities. I have had some lovely yarn from the Natural dye studio hanging around for ages, so I have started working on a new pattern, which if it works out I will repeat in a colour my downstream pal will like.

My upstream pal has also been in touch, and it turns out she is from Germany. This has made hubby very jealous, as he is a bit of a deutschofile (is that a word?) at heart. I have been taunting him with the fact that I'm getting German socks and he can't get any!

And finally shopping

I have gone a bit mad lately, not only have I managed to get the Knitpicks options set, but I have also bought the Vogue stitchionary, and a few other knit books (it's getting late and I can't be bothered to walk upstairs and look up the titles). So I have no excuse, I must use up some of my stash......How many times have you heard that

ooh and before I forget

Thank you for your suggestions of what hubby can buy himself, I have put them all to him and he is thinking it over (don't hold your breath for a decision). I'll let you know what he gets in the end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice Yu said...

Sounds like you had a fab time in the Peak district. So pretty. Glad you are enjoying your set! It is awesome, isn't it!! Good luck with your pattern - I'm sure whatever you choose is going to be favvulous! :)

9 May 2007 at 06:51  
Blogger Alice Yu said...

oh and thanks for the offer of being a secret pal! Mine actually emailed me today. am really looking forward to the swap.

9 May 2007 at 06:53  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home