Friday 4 May 2007

Off for the weekend.

Phew, what a busy couple of days, first things first though, my Knit picks options set arrived today. These are like gold dust here in the UK, and I am just thrilled to have it, thanks to a new friend met over at sockapalooza. I recommend visiting her here. So now I have to start a new project so that I can start using them. I'm thinking of using up my debbie bliss DK cotton for either this or this?!? ho hum, I really can't decide!

We (hubby & I) are going camping this weekend, so probably not a lot of time for knitting, but I'm sure he will let me get some done, when he's not dragging me up a mountain. He is such a sweetheart, I don't think I mention that enough here, he has agreed to let me have my spinning wheel, and I have agreed to let him spend an equivalent amount on a gift for himself. Bless his cotton socks though he has no idea what to buy!

So if any one has any ideas of what a man in his 30's who has all of the latest consoles, and a fab PC already, who doesn't drive, whose hobbies are painting & military history, and is already a snappy dresser, could spend the equivalent money to a spinning wheel on, I'm sure he will be very grateful to hear them!

5 Comments:

Blogger Marigold said...

Military history...does he do war gaming? I know you can spend a lot on little minatures for the war games. Or are there conventions he would like to go to? What a nice hubby!

7 May 2007 at 13:13  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Okay. Probably too late, but what about one of those runners' watches with GPS tracking? I think Garmin makes the one I am envisioning. You can walk your distance, and upload the info into your pc. How would I know? Let's just say there are a bunch of runners in my office and they all received those watches last Christmas/Hannukah!
=:8

7 May 2007 at 16:12  
Blogger Unknown said...

Does he like stuff like RC gliders or helicopters? You can get some pretty cool ones now.

8 May 2007 at 05:37  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

(Also too late, but hey!)

If he is interested in military history, there are a lot of groups that do recreations of certain battles. I am sure he could spend about that much to get outfitted for participation in such a group (like recreation of a civil war era uniform).

8 May 2007 at 22:12  
Blogger Alice Yu said...

A friend of mine - also huge military history buff - had as his bday gift a ride in a tank. He loved it! I can find out more details if you like!

Alice

10 May 2007 at 02:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home