Saturday 27 October 2007

Where do all the good days go?

This weekend was supposed to be productive and relaxing. I had a list of things to do, all things that need doing, but that I would enjoy. Yesterday i was going to go into town, buy some new jeans, prezzie for my mum's b.day, some bits for the knitters coffee swap. Then come home, tidy up, ball the wool from the projects I have decided to give up on for the sake of my sanity (I can't have UFO's lying around if I know I won't finish them, it stresses me), and do some sewing up on the never ending blanket.

Then today i was going to finish the blanket, solicit hubby to help me take some Pics of my recent FO's, update rav, and start making progress on Baudelaire. No such luck, and now I'm hungover.

so here's what happened instead. Friday night I decided the cabled socks, after 3 attempts to complete the second sock failed, needed to go, so both socks were ripped, and balled, and are now back in the stash. This left me with some knitting time that needed o be filled mindlessly...Lutroja mans, reams of stocking stitch, perfect. As I hadn't knit on it for so long I re-checked my gauge, waaay off. There was no way this jumper was going to fit hubby. Another one for the frog pile. I really don't have the energy to start this one all over again, but hubby wants a hoodie, so in the spirit of my Christmas challenge I have started again, but this time I am doing an EZ circular raglan...This way is much more enjoyable and I am even knitting it continental, as I have hurt my right hand, but it has thrown my plan off somewhat!

Saturday, I got into town, and within 1/2 hour our friend Dean called to say he was nearly in Leicester as he was coming over for a few drinks. By the time I got home, I just about had time to tidy before he arrived! No blanket sewing, none of the shopping I needed done, nothing! And now we are all sat here with hangovers, the house looks like a bomb has hit (actually i think it was 2 bombs, as Hubby & Dean sat up till 6am drinking whiskey, and now both think they are dieing)

With a bit of luck I will still get all of the pictures taken, and may nip out to the shops, but the blanket will have to wait till another week, as will the balling up of projects. ho hum, never mind. Lot's of coffee, and mindless TV for me today. If I'm feeling really energetic later, I may post some pictures up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Hipp said...

Funny how relaxing and productive weekend plans never seem to pan out. My to-do lists always end up with 2-3 things unchecked. At least it sounds like you had fun yesterday!

28 October 2007 at 03:16  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home