Wednesday 24 October 2007

The aliens are landing

or that's what you would think looking at all my UFO's for the last 2 weeks. Admittedly most of them were very close to completion, and had been languishing at the bottom of the basket, and my casonitis had reached terminal levels. Having said that I am so proud of myself that my oldest UFO was Tomten, from June. Anything that I am certain I won't finish has been ripped, more yarn for the stash!

I have also been quite amazed at the number of projects I have knitted in this last year, for yes my friends it is 1 year this month since I became a knitting addict (in fact the bug bit on my honeymoon, weird yes, better then marriage counseling, definitely). I had learnt to knit as a kid, and tried various things ovr the years, interspersed with attempts at crochet, cross stitch and dressmaking. I have knit and finished 32 projects in this year, including;

5 adult cardigans
2 adult jumpers
12 pairs of socks
2 blankets
2 shawls
2 doily's
3 scarfs
and 2 hats

phew I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Ravelry is certainly a confidence boost when you think you don't get to do as many patterns as you would like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Coolness!!

Am looking forward to the idiot proof short row heel doodah!

The space raiders socks need short row heels to get that mitred effect. Just for fun they use the 2 colours on the heels as well.

27 October 2007 at 08:43  
Blogger SewIknit2 said...

wow! you've done tremendously well in such a short knitting-time!
Are you naturally crafty? or did knitting just somehow click for you?

I am looking forward to seeing your patterns and tutorials in the future too!

27 October 2007 at 22:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home