Friday 12 October 2007

10 Things; Number 2

OK, episode 2...the I love yous

Well from me it was all quite simple, a month or so into the relationship, while lying in bed one afternoon ;) I told Lee that I loved him. His response "That's nice". Hum, not quite what I was hoping for, but I let it slide.

A few weeks later we went out for the night, and staggering home with friends in the wee hours of the morning we started lagging behind the group, as we stood at the corner of Lee's road, both excruciatingly drunk, he said it...Yep he told me he loved me....But you never believe a man when he says that drunk right? so the next morning the conversation went something like this

me: Do you remember what you said last night?
him: Yes?
me: all of it?
him: yes?
me: and did you mean what you said?
him: yes!
me: I love you
him: that's nice

not perhaps what I was expecting. For all of the following week I kept waiting for him to say it again, after all when you've said it once, saying it some more doesn't seem so hard. But after a week nothing was forthcoming, so the conversation that weekend went something like this;

me: you know I keep asking you if you remember what you said last weekend
him: yes?
me: and if you meant it..
him: yes (sounding rather exasperated at this point)
me: well I don't think you remember all of it
him: why
me: Do you remember telling me you loved me?
him: errrm
me: did you mean it?
him: no...

All credit to the man, a lot of people would have said yes just to avoid the associated stress, and I had already figured this out by this point, so wasn't overly put out.

So when did he say it I hear you cry!

Well we'd been going out about 3 months, when he went to Nottingham for a friends stag do, I offered to pick him up the next morning, and go into town to do some shopping. When I arrived the boys were all very much worse for wear, and Lee asked if I could take his friend Bri to the station. Seeing they were both a little green around the gills, I decided to have some fun, and bunny hop the car at traffic lights, turn too sharply round corners, and generally make the journey as uncomfortable as possible, before pulling a handbrake turn in the (empty) station car park. Both boys got in looking 20 something and got out looking 40 something.


There's nothing quite like humiliating someone with a really old picture right? This is Lee (centre) and friends in 1997, that's right this was 10 years ago...and wasn't he a looker then ;)

Lee and I went into town, and sitting by the fountain at the town hall square in Notts (If you've ever been there you'll know that the town hall square in Nottingham is quite pretty) he finally said, and meant, I love you.

To this day I wonder if it was love or the slightly queasy feeling caused by my driving...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristina B said...

Lovely stories, Sarah!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. What a drag indeed that your yarn order/s coincided with the postal strike. SIGH. Good luck in getting the booty promptly, though!

12 October 2007 at 12:10  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

I love the "making the hungover boys feel worse" story....
Love
Sarah xXx

13 October 2007 at 00:39  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home