Thursday 11 October 2007

10 Things; Number 1

This time last year I was in panic mode. this time last year there were only 9 days left before my wedding, and there was so much left to do.

But this year, there are 9 days until my first wedding anniversary, and that's a good thing...right?

So, to celebrate, I thought I would share with you a reason that I love my DH, or a story about us, every day between now and the 20th, Our anniversary..So here's number one of "Ten things I love about Lee" (& I promise it won't be as overly sentimental as it sounds), you'll get 10 pictures too, so you can truly appreciate just how gorgeous he is!

Today I've decided to start at the beginning, and tell you how Lee and I met;

It was 11th July 2003, and i was walking home in my multi-colour polyester bank uniform (fetching I can tell ya) when I walked past a pub window, and saw some friends sat in the window, being a sociable type I popped in for a drink. I knew everyone there, except this one bloke in a corner that I just couldn't take my eyes off, and no matter how hard I tried to catch his attention, he was having none of it! That was my first real sighting of Lee.


This is Lee (right) on a recent camping trip. The sexy bum on the left is our best man Craig...Yes ladies that bum is single!

I waited until he got up to leave, and then left myself, thinking he would at least offer to walk me to the taxi rank, but no, he went off on his own, pretty much ignoring me. I rang one of the friends who had been at the pub, and instructed them that I HAD to meet that guy again, so they invited me to his birthday party the following Wednesday.

Wednesday evening after work, I called this friend to get the details, and was told that Lee had asked for me not to be there, the excuse was that he didn't want any girls there as he would look an arse, as he intended to get so drunk (I found out later in the relationship it was because he didn't like me, and didn't really want to see me again, such a romantic tale).

As the boys got drunk, one of them decided to give me a call, and I ended up going to the pub to meet them after all. The were all truly out of it. When we moved pubs I offered the birthday boy a drink, and we got chatting. We turned around half an hour later to find that all our friends had gone. Well I couldn't let a drunk man (especially not a sexy drunk man) walk home on his own could I, so I drove him home, and that was the start of that!

Not exactly the most romantic of meetings, but it turned out well, I think tomorrow I'll tell you about the first time we each said I love you...Again not as romantic as it could have been, well not at first ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Oh bless ya both!

11 October 2007 at 17:19  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

awhhh.....
And you lived happily ever after..... :)
Looking forward to the next installment honey :)
Love
Sarah xxx

11 October 2007 at 23:58  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home