Wednesday 3 October 2007

I caught the bug

As many of you will remember I got my ravelry invite quite early on, June in fact (on my b.day, yay) however at the time I didn't really do anything with it, and so it has just sat there, a few projects detailed, not many pics, I wasn't really getting it! Then over the last few weeks everyone I know has got their invitation too, and suddenly I'm never off. my stash and projects have been uploaded, and I'm commenting on gazillions of forum posts every day, I even belong to some stupid number of groups...Perhaps I should start a 12 step program. So if I seem a bit vague of late it just means I'm in withdrawal, and in need of a fix of Ravel!

In other news, I started Neaty from the latest Rowan magazine on Monday, I was going to put up progress pics, but it's nearly finished already, so not much point in that. It is a beautiful knit though, and Rowan cocoon is so scrummy! I should have some photo's of the finished item by the weekend.

I've also developed an urge to do some more drop spinning, and as my Bosworth is currently occupied, and my other spindles aren't pretty enough for me to want to spin on, I have decided to make some of my own. There are a couple of people I know who I might make additional ones for too (yes you both know who you are, and I'm sorry I know neither of you need another hobby, but tough, I refuse to be the only one getting drink and playing with a silly twirly thing!)

So Lunch time today I popped to the local DIY store, and Knitting will be on hiatus for the evening, while I make lots of mess all over the dining room. (note to self, need wood glue!)

This also means that I will be able to justify another trip to Wingham wool for some more fiber!

I have had two people tell me that they would like my Pay it forward gifts, I will email you both about it soon I promise guys, I haven't forgotten you just got a little caught up in the raveling goodiness, but that means there is still one skein of handspun sock yarn that I would like to give away, sometime after Christmas, and as before the first person to post a comment saying they would like it, and are willing to pay it forward, shall have it. If no one says they want it, I will nominate someone who has commented previously and they can have it as a gift :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have a site bookmarked on how to make a drop spindle. I even got so far as to looking at the equipment in a DIY store.

I got distracted by knitting when I got told I could take my cast off though so forgot all about it.

6 October 2007 at 08:48  
Blogger Crafty Librarian said...

I'd love the sock yarn if you explain the Pay it Forward concept to me (think I understand, but thought I'd better check!)

11 October 2007 at 02:24  
Blogger Crafty Librarian said...

Ok, have looked and now have an idea for some lovely gifts I can send on :-)

more pressie making - hoorah!

11 October 2007 at 02:41  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home