Wednesday 28 November 2007

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who emailed and commented, I've been taking it much easier, and do feel much better as a result.

It's funny the things I've noticed since my self imposed posting ban, I know I have been 2 weeks without posting before, but not letting myself was different somehow. I started reading over old blog posts and noticed how the voice that i write in has changed, which shouldn't be surprising, but it was.

i also noticed how little care I take over my photographs. I must make more of an effort to take better daytime pictures of the things I knit, I'm really not doing them justice! I've also been knitting less, which was really hard to start with, it reminded me of quiting smoking, I kept looking for things to do with my hands, and like when I quit smoking I always end picking it back up again, but I'm thinking about what I want to knit a little more now, and horror of horrors I've stated swatching, properly swatching (neaty was obviously one lesson too many, I keep having to unpick the button bands and re-knit them further in, then the yarn stretches some more, and the whole thing starts over, but I am determined not to re-knit it)

So in the last couple of weeks I have sent a PIF parcel to Crafty librarian, and a spindle to viking knits, and some handspun bits and pieces to sewIknit2, and have generally relaxed. So now I'm full of energy, and wondering what I should knit :D

Oh and don't let me forget to post the pictures of the fabulous sock yarn I saw at Alice's after the SnB day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Viknits said...

Thankyou Yoshimi for the spindle! I've put it on my blog and my spinning attempts there too ;) am just off to flickr to upload pics!
You've definitely started me on another very addictive craft! ;)
Vik xx

1 December 2007 at 04:34  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have another blog where I post all the deep, dark personal crap and when I re read some of the earlier posts (have kept one in some form or another since 2001!), it feels like another me!

Even the posts from a year or so ago are different.

Anyway, glad things are better for you at the mo!

2 December 2007 at 09:46  
Blogger Ang said...

Glad to hear you're feeling much better x

2 December 2007 at 16:34  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home