Tuesday 13 November 2007

Sometimes we just need to say stop!

After a wonderful weekend spent with Alice, and going to the SnB day down in London (which is what I had intended to blog about) I got home on Sunday on top form.

However, I got home from work last night, and collapsed under the weight of it all. It was one of those revelationary moments where you see everything all at once, and what I saw, I didn't like. I have been taking on more and more recently. I think I have been taking things on, to hide from the overwhelming amount I already had to do, talk about going round in circles.

I have been neglecting work, and hubby, and a lot of other things that I really should have been paying more attention to. So I have decided that I need to step back, and take a break! I will get the UK swap partners sent out, finish up the swaps I am currently taking part in, and a couple of other bits and pieces that need doing, and then I will be off line until I get my head together. I have taken on so many things, and now need to stop everything that I can stop, to give my head a break.

So apart from a couple of smaller posts when swap parcels arrive and such, you won't be seeing much of me until after Christmas, and probably not until February. I will be checking in on Ravelry on occasion, so people will still be able to get hold of me there, but for now I will say au revoir, and see you in the new year

xx

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

((hugs))

It's good to take a step back sometimes :)

13 November 2007 at 08:56  
Blogger Ang said...

Enjoy your break and hope you come back when your ready, e mail me your address so i can send off your PIF gift.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

(((hugs)))

18 November 2007 at 23:01  
Blogger Heldasland said...

Well done , its really important to take stock of things and bow out when needs must.Have a wonderful xmas

20 November 2007 at 12:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Take all the time you need and don't worry about the UK Swap. Everyone understands that breaks are necessary. Enjoy your time with your hubby, have a Merry Christmas, and a great New Years.

21 November 2007 at 01:34  
Blogger SewIknit2 said...

Its too easy to get caught up in these things and nice as swaps and challenges are they DO become a pressure particularly this time of year, I am NOW especially appreciative of the time you took to sort and send me samples of yarn, you are very naughty though! and SHOULD have said "actually do you mind if we leave it until the New Year .. ?"
Have a very HAPPY and PEACEFUL Christmas and come back chilled and rested! Sue.

24 November 2007 at 22:02  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home