Saturday 21 April 2007

A busy weekend

Sill no word from Curious yarns, I think I may have to wave goodbye to the money I spent there. I rate my chances of getting it back as slim to none.

However to cheer myself up I have been having a very productive weekend. The undyed sock yarn arrived yesterday, and I promptly got to dyeing it. This was my first real go at dyeing, but always one to try something new, I went against convention, and did not use Kool aid, food colouring, or proper dye. As Iwanted some boyish, subtle colours, I decided to use tea and coffee to get some nice brown tones. I also added some roving that I had into the coffee pot, and here are the results. I have to say I'm very pleased.
This is the drying skein
And this is the roving, I've photographed it next to some undyed so you can see the difference
This is what it looked like re-skeinedAnd this is the half finished socks it is making
I then decided that it was time the spare bedroom / craft room had a makeover, So after a long tidy up, some furniture shifting, and some stash re-organisation, it now looks like this


These are my fabric and hand knit stash,
My machine knitting stash

and project corner in the living room


And finally I went to my LYS, to buy some new DPN's and came away with 6 balls of Debbie Bliss DK cotton, as I decided I wanted to knit the shrug from the Erika knits classics book in a different colour (I did the first in baby pink Debbie Bliss Cathay) It's a lovely summer shade of dark blue and I can't wait to get started on it.


This purchase also lead me to the conclusion that I am going to gracefully bow out of the stashalong. Although part of me knows I need to de-stash, when it comes down to it I simply don't want to, so that's that. Phew, time for a cup of tea I think!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Oh what a pain about Curious Yarns, you must be livid!

LOVELY sock yarn, isn't it great being able to dye with household items! The sock ooks wonderful.

It will be ashame to see you go from SAL but if it's not for you, then there's no point in carrying on.

Good luck.

21 April 2007 at 17:55  
Blogger steel breeze said...

I'm supposed to be in Knit From Your Stash 2007 and I'm failing miserably, so don't take it too much to heart!

there are worse things to be addicted too, after all!

27 April 2007 at 21:47  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home