Monday 9 April 2007

Where are the woods?

As it is the last day of the bank holiday, hubby & I decided to go for a walk. Originally I wanted to go up a mountain, and tick another one off the list. But living in Leicestershire there aren't many mountains within reasonable driving distance (well none actually) and I didn't fancy getting up at the crack of dawn. So instead, we decided to go for a woodland walk.

Out came the trusty OS map, and I found an area of the National forest within a 15 minute drive. We donned the walking boots and off we went. I am now wondering if I can sue OS under the trade descriptions act. Not only did the map, not correspond with any of the marked routes,but we managed to walk through only 3 feet of forest, despite the fact that the entire 4 miles was meant to be woodland.

The day wasn't a complete washout though, we managed to see 2 sets of frogs matingwhich at least made me titter And a beautiful little church on the edge of the resevior, and as it was such a nice day, I was just glad to be out of the house. So now I'm determined to do nothing in anticipation of going back to work tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame about your walk. Is Bradgate Park still around? We used to go there a LOT.

3 June 2007 at 15:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home