Sunday 15 April 2007

Handspun

I've just finished my first ball of hand spun yarn, and here it is



You can't really see it here but the yarn is a lovely pale green, and quite consistent for a first go. While I'm on the subject of nice yarns, this is the 2 colourways I got from the natural dye studio a couple of weeks ago
The left skeins are Dye Studio's Merino Fine Sock Wool in Raspberry Spring & the right skeins are Hand-dyed Alpaca/Silk Sock Wool in Sugar Tiger. I would love to be able to show you the yarns from Curious yarns that I ordered at the same time, but unfortunately they haven't arrived yet, which is starting to become very disconcerting, as the site has been down for 10 days now, and they are not responding to emails......Hopefully everything is OK, and my yarn will arrive soon, but I have to say I am very disappointed, and won't be ordering from there again. Which I think is a bit sad, as I have heard such fantastic things about the quality of their yarn.

If anyone else is having problems, or has received yarn they have recently ordered from there I would love to hear from you, I'll keep you posted if I hear from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home