Thursday 12 July 2007

Sigh

Ok, you know the Sock pal socks, the ones that were in a depressingly early stage in my last post, well i decided last night that I needed to make some headway, so with a fair amount of gusto, I set to work on the Teal ones. Only when I looked I noticed that the short row heel was full of holes. OK I Thought, I can live with that. Then I thought I better check I had enough yarn, and guess what, I'm about 2oz short!

Now when I spun this yarn I know I had enough, so I have come to the only possible conclusion. My DH Has a secret yarn eating fetish. I have taken him to task about this, and he denies it in no uncertain terms but it is the ONLY explanation.

Un-deterred I thought I would go to work on sock pal 2's socks, but now I realise that the yarn completely obscures the pattern. So with less then 3 weeks to go, I am back to the drawing board, and 4 socks to go.

2 questions, 1. Why do I always leave things to the last minute, and why in my infinite wisdom sis I decide that 2 sock pals would be better then one?!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hilarious girl.

I've done that, too, accused my husband of having a hand in things. Some times he does, most times he doesn't.

12 July 2007 at 11:12  
Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

*Laughing*
Last minute Yoshimi.
Will you ever learn?
Love
Sarah xXx

12 July 2007 at 11:31  
Blogger Seanna Lea said...

I love to procrastinate too. I started my socks at the beginning of this week, but I expect to have the first sock done on Sunday. I figure a week a sock is pretty good time (thank goodness my commute is so long).

I'd blame my hubby for missing yarn, but that is mostly because I fear that it is actually the cat.

13 July 2007 at 09:17  
Blogger dragon knitter said...

it's the cat. my cat is addicted to wool (i always know it's time to feed him when he decides to snack on the roving). maybe the cat ate too much of the roving (check the litter box!)

13 July 2007 at 15:20  
Blogger mathiemom said...

LOL!
Actually, I think I know where the yarn went: it's with all the socks that disappear in the laundry! You know, those mysterious missing socks that leave you with a lonely unmatched sock. Maybe this yarn realized that it was destined to become a sock and just decided to go to sock heaven a little bit early.

On that theory, maybe it's excusable to just knit your pal one sock, since the second one was destined to go MIA anyway. (j/k)

And procrastination is just a way of creating an excuse to get down on yourself. Resist those negative feelings! Your intentions and your heart are in the right place, and you'll get them done. And your sock pals will be thrilled. Really.

Good luck - they'll all be great!

13 July 2007 at 15:35  
Blogger Ang said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean, someone could give me a year to get something done, and I'd still be up the night before swearing under my breath!

Have you checked behind the sofa for the missing yarn, otherwise I would definitely question the DH again. Maybe you could go on Trisha "My Partner is Secretly Eating my Yarn! What shall I Do?"

13 July 2007 at 17:39  
Blogger Ang said...

Re: Double Breasted jacket: Are you in the UK? I'll make a copy and post it to you.

14 July 2007 at 19:46  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe there is a yarn pixie out there.

It's the same one that makes you drop stitches and make you forget where you are in a complicated pattern.

17 July 2007 at 00:56  
Blogger Alice Yu said...

Lol! i've missed your posts!! How are the socks coming along? Damn those variegated yarns - so beautiful, so seductive, but which often overpower patterns! You've got plenty of time - 2 more weeks. I am totally sure you will get them done. Knit on jedi knit. The force is strong in you!

18 July 2007 at 00:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home